<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 04, 2007

 
GOING TO THE MATTRESSES Bringing in new blood? Lawyering up?
Harriet Miers, President Bush's failed Supreme Court nominee, has submitted her resignation as White House counsel, the White House announced Thursday.

[...]

He said Miers, a loyal adviser to the president for years, has been having conversations with white House chief of staff Joshua Bolten about leaving for some time and both of them agreed that it was time for a change at the White House office of legal counsel.
Or going to the mattresses?
SONNY: Goddamn it! If I had a wartime consiglieri--a Sicilian--I wouldn't be in this shape! Pop had Genco--look what I got.

(then, after exhaling)

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that.


CONTRAPOSITIVE is edited by Dan Aibel. Dan's a playwright. He lives in New York City.