<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 15, 2006

 
SENATE WATCH Democrats have to be encouraged by the latest round of polls. But one result sticks out: Sen. Bob Menendez appears to be slightly down against Tom Kean.

P.S. How's this--just out from The Times--for nauseating:

"When my dad ran for Congress--and he had been the Assembly speaker--the headline said, 'Kean's son to run for Congress,' " said Mr. Kean, now a state senator. "When my grandfather ran for Congress in 1938, there was a headline that said, 'Kean’s son to run for Congress.' When my great-grandfather ran for Senate, I think there was a headline that said, 'Kean’'s brother to run for Senate,' because his older brother had served in the United States Senate.

"So I personally set very high standards for my own experience in public office, and I think the public has set very high standards for me."
For some reason, that's not the lesson I draw.


CONTRAPOSITIVE is edited by Dan Aibel. Dan's a playwright. He lives in New York City.