<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 
COBURN WATCH From Wednesday's hearings:
COBURN: I just have one other comment. As you have been before our committee, I've tried to use my medical skills of observation of body language to ascertain your uncomfortableness and ill at ease with questions and responses.

And I've honed that over about 23, 24 years. And the other thing that I believe is integrity is at the basis of what we want in judges.

And I will tell you that I am very pleased, both in my observational capabilities as a physician to know that your answers have been honest and forthright as I watch the rest of your body respond to the stress that you're under.
Next thing you know, the junior senator from Oklahoma will be breaking out his oujia board and talking about fluoridation.



CONTRAPOSITIVE is edited by Dan Aibel. Dan's a playwright. He lives in New York City.