<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 18, 2005

 
PLAME WATCH The President has changed his mind:
"If someone committed a crime, they will no longer work in my administration," Mr. Bush said in response to a question, after declaring, "I don't know all the facts; I want to know all the facts."

For months, Mr. Bush and his spokesmen have said that anyone involved in the disclosure of the C.I.A. officer's identity would be dismissed. The president's apparent raising of the bar for dismissal today, to specific criminal conduct, comes amid mounting evidence that, at the very least, Mr. Rove provided backhanded confirmation of the C.I.A. officer's identity.
Must be part of his campaign to restore dignity to the White House.


CONTRAPOSITIVE is edited by Dan Aibel. Dan's a playwright. He lives in New York City.